Sunday 5 January 2014

Week 1 ( 30 Dec - 5 Jan)

Swim: 1:20 (3.600m)

Bike: 4:34 (0:58 as part of a brick session)

Run: 1:44 (0:34 as part of a brick session)

Strength & Core: 1:00

Total: 8:38

TSS (bike/run): 346


Monday

Rest day. Returned from Hawaii in the evening and needed the rest.

Tuesday

As the local pool was closed the planned swim was cancelled. Not optimal since I did not swim much in Hawaii and have a 1900m test coming up next week.
Did 30 min strength & Core.

Wednesday

Turbo intervals #6 which means 10 minutes warm-up, 6-7 x 3 min in Zone 3, with the final 30 sec of each interval fast/ accelerating effort and 3 min recoveries between efforts.
Cool Down 5 minutes. I did 7 time 3 minutes in the high end of power zone 3. Looking forward to get my power zones tested on the turbo next week (although not looking forward to the test it self!).

Thursday

Brick session #1: 1 hour bike followed by 30 minutes tempo run. The session went well and was sufficiently challenging. MY legs started to feel tired on the bike - still I was able to keep a pace of 4:03 min/km for the 30 minutes tempo run. I had issues with my HR strap and probably ran faster than planned. Coming off the bike already warmed up probably made it feel less tough.

Friday

I was set up for the longest swim I have ever done. 3.600m. The set was pretty easy to follow:
Warm up (continuous swim):
400m front crawl swim
Main set:
1x 600m FC SWIM with 30secs rest
2x 300m FC PULL with 20sec rest
3x 200m FC SWIM with 15sec rest
6x 100m FC PULL with 10sec rest
12x 50m as 25m SPRINT / 25m EASY with 30sec rest
Cooldown:
200m easy relaxed swim

It went better than expected although I early on doubted that I would be able to complete according to plan. I still don't feel I can just reduce the speed and go all day in swimming as it is with biking and running. However, the variety of pull and swim made it easier to get through. I had to take a break of 10 minutes after the 3rd 100m effort as the lifeguards in the local pool need to check the pool several times a day and so everybody has to get out of the water. After this short break my arms felt really heavy, but after a few lanes they were back in action.

Saturday

Run - intervals:
10min warm up
20x 200m off 15sec rest
10min cooldown

This was one of the toughest interval session I have done.The 15 seconds feels like no break at all and my heart rate just stayed elevated. I did however manage to get through without slowing down to much.

Did 30 min strength & Core in the evening.

Sunday

2:30 hour endurance ride. For the second time I made the mistake of just having a single banana and then head out. It was cold and windy, and my new heavier and less aero training wheels did not made it easier. I felt tired in the end and had to take a nap after I had something to eat when I returned home.

New training wheels with a new cassette (12-25) which is a good add on to the 11-27 that came with my bike

No comments:

Post a Comment